Do you have a child in kindergarten or first grade? Do you want to help us learn how to improve reading instruction? Join our project!
A new program called, "ToggleTalk," will be in your child's school! We want to find out whether ToggleTalk helps children learn to read. To do this, we need your child's help with our project. If you choose to have your child participate in our project, he/she will do fun language and reading activities at your child's school during the school day. If you join our project, you and your child will receive:
- A University of Maryland T-Shirt for your child, when they return a signed consent form.
- A book and small toys for your child, for participating.
- Free educational information for you about your child’s language and reading development.
We are sending two forms home with your child:
1. Parent Letter with more information about this project
2. Consent form (permission form)
If you want your child to participate in our project, you must sign and complete the permission slip and return it to your child's teacher. To learn more about this project, please fill out this form and we will contact you to answer any questions you have. Or you can contact us directly by email or phone: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our Project Manager, Tatiana Thonesavanh, at (301)-405-7716. Thank you for your help with our project!
Jan Edwards, PhD
Professor, Hearing and Speech Sciences Department
Associate Director, Language Science Center
University of Maryland - College Park